Ship to Ship (STS) Transfer Operations involves the cargo transfer operations between 2 seagoing vessels, either while stationary or underway. KA Petra Sdn Bhd, since its inception in 1997, has embarked upon yet another challenging and exciting sector within the Marine Service Industry.
KPSB has paved the way in the STS Industry by introducing the Approved STS Trans-shipment Hub of Tg.Bruas, Melaka to the likes of Oil Majors since the year 2010. Another milestone accredited to KPSB is, the initiative with the Malaysian Marine Department and Johor Port Authority to establish a safety navigational channel at the STS Trans-shipment Hub of Tanjung Pelepas and Johor Bahru waters.
STS Operator for Oil Majors & various traders
- PIONEER & LARGEST Operator in Malacca
- Over 300 operations executed safely, timely, and in full-compliance to strict HSSE standards
- Over 400 vessel calls expertly managed [ 15 vessels per month]
- Over USD 10 billion of crude oil transacted [ over 110 million barrels in volume]
- 1ST-EVER STS Operations at PTP by an Oil Major
- 1st-in-Malaysia Virtual Safety Navigational Channel
- endorsed by Oil Majors.
CREDIBILITY & RECOGNITION
- Audited & Approved by Oil Majors
- Full-compliance to:
- Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) STS Transfer Guide
- International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) guidelines
- MARPOL Chapter 8, Annex 1, Regulations 40 – 42
- Strict QHSSE Operating Standards for Risk Management
- Adherence to Malaysian Govt statutory regulations
- Continuous Safety Assessments for every operation
- Strict Compliance & Ethics policies, and Anti-Bribery & Corruption
EXPERTISE, TRACK-RECORD & RELIABILITY
- Three (3) years: Safe, Timely and Fully-Compliant operations EVERY-TIME
- Single-point Accountability
- Communication Readiness (24/7 round-the-clock availability)
- Responsiveness to operational variances
- Extensive experience in handling ALL vessel types (VLCC / Suez / Afra / etc)
- 100% Utilization of Malaysian Qualified & Accredited Mooring Masters
- Network, Resources, and Infrastructure across Malaysia
- Operating Locations: Malacca & PTP
- Equipment Tested & Inspected Regularly
KPSBwith a group of technically sound partners, equipped with current industry knowledge and safety risk management has been the backbone of our success since our establishment in the STS Industry. Safety has been the pinnacle of our success, with our management team ensuring all partners adhere to the governing regulations / guidelines of OCIMF (Oil Companies International Marine Forum) and ICS (International Chamber of Shipping).
STS Transfer Operationsare offered in locations comprising the waters of Malacca & Johore and are manned by a highly trained and technically sound personnel, industry approved equipment (Fenders / Hoses) and oil spill equipment all fulfilled by state of the art support crafts.
- STS Location – Malacca
- STS Location – Johor
- STS Location – Labuan
- STS Safety Navigational Channel – Johor
- Oil Spill Equipments – Tier One Capability
- Tug Specs (Sea Sardine & Sea Salmon)
- STS Equipments – Fender/ Hoses
- Marine Depth Chart